Monday, November 16, 2009

So....hard....

Sometimes, it's just so hard.  So....hard.  How do we do it?  How do we keep moving through life?  Especially when everything is so hard.  It just seems like everyone wants so much from me...more than I can give.  I have nothing left to give.  I've already given it all away.  I'm empty.  I'm exhausted.  I'm drained.  And there's no well to drink from.  No help.  No hope.  I know what my last inch is, and they won't take it from me.  They won't have to.  I'll give it away...I already know that.  And then I really will have nothing left to give.  And when I've nothing left to give, who will stand by me?  Who will want to?  Where did it all go wrong?  Why did I think I could do any of this?  Hello, darkness....my old, old friend....  Oh, god, where's my flashlight?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment