The season is upon us now, the time for gifts and giving...and as the year draws to a close, I think about my living..."
So I have some resolutions this year. I see, in my Draft folder from last year, that I belated came up with a few, but never published them. This year, what I can do to be a better person, a better citizen of the community I live in, of the World, jumps out at me like the jack-in-the box in "Elf".
1) To pay more attention to family, spend more time at home. After all, these are the only kids I will ever have. My husband is my one and only. Everyone who knows me will agree with this one, I'm sure.
2) Spend more time alone, listening to myself, and the wee small voice that guides me.
3) Love more. Don't know if this is possible. I love an awful lot, but I can sure try.
4) Be more creative. I know what you're thinking...but so often, I think of creative things I'd like to make--sewing, crafts, beadwork, photography...and as we all know, EVERYTHING takes a back seat to theatre. Not that that's a bad thing, but...I guess this fits in to trying to make more 'me' time.
5) Try to maintain a company-ready house. Ha.
6) Connect more with my far-away family. That means, you, Diane, Andy, cousins, and Uncle.
7) To try to fight the darkness more, not give in so much. I am the least of those with reason to be blue about anything, and on good days, I know that. I will think less, "Well, this is how I am," and think more of 1001 reasons to have a GOOD day.
8) READ more. I get depressed hearing about other people reading. I used to have a book in my hand constantly. Nowadays, it's always a script. Again, not that that's such a bad thing, but...there's more out there than theatre.
9) Pay more attention to the Gallery. 'Nuff said.
Nine. Good grief. I need to print these out and post them everywhere to remind me. I WILL see them through. Check back with me on December 31, 2010. We'll see how I did...