Monday, May 24, 2010

A thought on love...

“Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offense, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end.”

 

I broke several of these, namely the 'it is never jealous' clause.  I was jealous.  I couldn't help it.  I always brag that I love my people unconditionally, no matter what.  But it isn't true.  It wasn't unconditional because I expected to be loved in return.

2 comments:

  1. And why is it that you think you weren't? People do communicate love differently.... Would it be because you've let the council on your shoulders whisper into your ear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you think it's sad that I thought I wasn't??

    ReplyDelete