Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Okay. Resolutions

In the days leading up to New Year's Eve, I didn't think I had any resolutions. I didn't think I really wanted to mess with that, but I think I do have some:

1) Pay more attention to my family.
but I want to improve on it. I'm more tuned in tune with the kids than I have been in years. I could regret that I haven't gotten to this place before, but there's no point in it. I can only move forward. The Theatre Express that guides...nay, runs our lives is sometimes ruthless and cruel. I hope they can forgive me...I hope I can make it up.

2) Be creative in other ways.
Touching on the topic of talents. I think I've been given more than my share. Yes,there's theatre. But I also love writing...and making things. This blog has been a good start. The gifts I made for the holidays were another. What is this human preoccupation with wanting to leave traces of ourselves behind? Although I continually see the fingerprint of theatre on my KidsPlay kids, it's intangible. I'd like to leave something behind besides just my gravestone.

3) Get the damn credit cards paid down.
We're basically on one salary now. I'm in charge of the spending and bills. GET the credit cards paid down, so we can use them in an emergency...like when our gold appliances that came with the house decide to breath their last breath, or for new carpeting, or a car for Charlie. Sigh.

4) Lose ten pounds.
Okay, whatever. Us teeny people worry about our weight, too. 105 pounds seems like a lot to me.

5) Read more.
And not just scripts. It took me two years to read The Living Great Lakes. That's just ridiculous.


And that's probably more than I can possibly manage. With me unemployed, 2009 is going to be a different kind of a year, I'm sure. Let's make it the best so far. So far.

1 comment: