Thursday, January 29, 2009

Up Too Late

I'm up too late and I can see the whole world from here. There's a spider making a web between the ceiling and top of my curtains. My evenings for the past two weeks have ended with FaceBook chatting with the GC kids. They must never sleep. I should go to bed, but I'm busy looking at the world, looking at my life. I've finished casting the next KidsPlay show. Has it really been ten years. "The Odd Couple" is just...not that far from being history, too. Will we ever look back on it fondly? Plays are monumental expenditures of energy, faith, will power, creative energy and people power. It's amazing--sorry DC--that I've done even one, much less....26 of the things in my life. Everything is a miracle. All the people I know are individual miracles. Am I a miracle, too? Have I changed the world? Have I moved mountains? I'm so thankful to be who am I with the gifts I've been given. I couldn't be happier in this life I'm living. Is it the life I've chosen? Or did it 'just happen'? Will I have regrets when I get to the end? Does everything really happen for a reason? Is there such a thing as luck or is there really a master plan? I can't believe how lucky (?) I've been in some things. I've lead a wonderful, fortunate, blessingful, wonderfully lucky life. Some people have lives full of sorrow and hardship. I feel I've had more than my share of happiness and joy. Knock wood, knock wood. It's the middle of the night. We are all alone in the middle of the night. Alone, but with a full heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment